Become a volunteer for the Theatre Olympics: The World as a Place of Truth Wrocław 2016
Are you interested in theatre, performance, film, and arts administration? Do you want to see what it’s like backstage at a theatre? Do you have time, energy and an open mind? Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Do you want to take part in staging one of the major theatre events of the European Capital of Culture Wrocław 2016 programme?
Fill in this application form by 20 September and join our team of the Theatre Olympics Wrocław 2016! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Co-ordinator: Małgorzata Dudek, email@example.com, tel. +48 577 569 646
Who we look for
We seek volunteers above 16 years of age, living or staying in Wrocław before and/or during the Theatre Olympics (14 October – 13 November 2016). Your tasks and level of responsibility will depend on your availability. You can choose which tasks you want to do, related to your interests, skills and abilities. As we want our volunteers to take active part in organising the Olympics with us, we prize independence, enthusiasm and resourcefulness.
What you can do
Volunteers will be organised into teams carrying out their tasks at the festival office, the press office, in publicity and public relations, at information desks, as ushers, looking after Polish and international guests and completing special tasks – providing support at events such as discussions, workshops, film screenings, conferences, etc.
If you want to be part of a specific team, indicate it in your questionnaire, providing reasons. Those of you who are open to diverse challenges can join a number of groups at the same time or different groups at different times.
What you gain
• Skills – we will share our experience, knowledge and skills with you
• Gratitude – ours, the festival artists’ and audiences’
• Free admission to Theatre Olympics events (provided there are free seats available)
• An opportunity to continue as a volunteer of the Grotowski Institute
• A chance to be part of a great team to have a say in the work you do
• Opportunities to meet the most celebrated practitioners and theorists of the theatre and performance of the turn of the 21st century
• A chance to take part in events held especially for our volunteers
• A volunteer certificate and, if required, a letter of recommendation to attest the quality of your work, your attitude and professional predisposition
• Discounts to buy the Grotowski Institute’s publications
• And, most important of all – adventure, fun and unforgettable memories!
The Institute provides free insurance and training. Volunteers cover their own travel expenses (travel to Wrocław), accommodation and food costs.