Pałacyk, Big Space
Pałacyk, formerly known as the Schaffgotsch Mansion, was built in 1890 by order of Hans Ulrich von Schaffgotsch (from the so-called Upper-Silesian line of the family Schaffgotsch) and designed by Hans Heidenreich, as an extension to the former edifice – the house of G. van Hees, which had been constructed in 1862. During World War II the building was partially destroyed and after its renovation served as lodgings for a certain time. In 1956 the city administration gave it over to the Wrocław branch of the Polish Students’ Association. It was here that in 1961 Jerzy Grotowski first presented his performance Dziady (Forefathers’ Eve) in Wrocław. Pałacyk was also a stage of student life. For many years the first floor hosted the students’ club ‘Pałacyk’, which gave the building its current name. In 2012 it was sold to TH Invest.